Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pictured Rock!

To my four loyal readers, LOL,

Well.................  My first tent camping trip since I can remember.  Oh no, I think it may be my first tent camping trip.  I am going with the kids and grandkids to Pictured Rock for a long weekend.  I'm looking so forward to the scenery.  I have never been there before and can't wait to see the shoreline and waterfalls.  I hope to keep the hiking to a minimum, LOL!  If they don't kill me, I'll post some photos of the trip.  I am really hoping to get some photo opportunities while there.  I sure do wish Ron was joining us so we could get a family photo.  Maybe next time. 

I leave Ron at home to feed his dad and mow grass.  I'm sure he'll love the quiet to work on her old trucks.  Last Sunday my dad came over with his historical knowledge of pre 1950s automobiles and their ignitions.  After a couple of hours he and Ron started the 1937 Ford flat head eight pick up for the first time since I think the 1970s.  He has two of them and plans to make two out of two.  One will be a restored 1937 dually and the other a rat rod dually.  He hopes selling these completed projects may offer him the opportunity to start his little retirement business. 

"The best passion is compassion."  Jamaican Proverb

Namaste to all,
Jam Jam

No comments:

Post a Comment