Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A break in the humidity...

You know your life is simple when a break in the humidity feels like a special occasion.  We can finally spend time outdoors and the mosquitoes are thick enough to carry us off. 

I am tired......  What do you recommend for someone that is tired and really needs a long winter's nap in August?  When I get run down I experience mornings like today.  The alarm went off early for Ron, so I got up when he was making the rounds opening all the windows for some fresh air.  I end up ready for work a 1/2 hour early.  I come into work and have forgotten a fax and my green tea.  I can not start my day without my tea, LOL!  Luckily for me I live 5 minutes from home and was really early.  It lent me the opportunity to go back home to get both things.  I get here and can't log into the network, and can't get my NEW copy/fax machine to work. 

The bright part of my day is that I have a massage appointment scheduled for this afternoon.  I am looking forward to that as this week is the calm before the storm.  Next week I will be working my fingers to the bone and my brain to the stone on this new state reporting.  I am apprehensive on how that will go.  I sure hope I have enough willing resources to get this posted to the state.  Funny we journey full circle, when I began my blog I was going to Florida with my parents and arranging to work on that state report.  Data, data, data, the state always wanting more and more data. 

One of my biggest summer challenges is to NOT sit in envy of my friends and co-workers that have the summer off while this small staff labor over the summer months.   This summer has been no different, but this is my lot in life and I shall continue to embrace my blessings. 

This summer has been very different as we spend out daily supper with Thurman.  In Joanne's absent Thurman accompanies us for the end of the day meal.  I am not the cook Joanne was, but he does eat every night and often times has seconds.  He generously takes us out to Leo's once a week.  I enjoy that one day without cooking. 

Recent turn of events in my life are truly challenging the creation of the "new" me.  Lord willing I will see the footprints in the sand as he carries me through the next weeks and months. 

"There aren't any timeouts in life.  The clock is always running."  Andy Stanley

Namaste my friends....
Jam Jam

No comments:

Post a Comment