Thursday, July 7, 2011

Little boys and little girls.

"What are little boys made of?  Frogs and snails and puppy dog tails, that is what little boys are made of."
I don't believe this is what little boys are made of, at least not my little boys, LOL!  I have been blessed by God with 4 of the most wonderful little boys.  Each time a new bundle of boy came into my life, my life only gets better and better. 

Yesterday my daughter Deidra just announced that she is going to be giving us a bundle of girl this coming November.  I wonder what my little granddaughter will be made of.  We are all so excited.  I have forgotten how to shop in the "pink" department.  I think the upcoming years will be interesting to observe as her 4 older cousins/brother nurture and protect her.  When I raised my girls, they were the oldest in my family and they protected and nurtured their little boy cousins.  This new generation will be much different, and I feel blessed to be included in the journey. 

I don't think the boys all grasp the idea of a little girl yet, but I know Aunt Marinda can't wait to get her hands on that little girl.  She will have her hands full when Deidra goes back to work after her maternity leave.  Marinda is going to be watching both Henry and our muffin.  Can't wait to learn the name. 

My boys are doing a lemonade stand today to raise money for the Ozone House in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti.  They began their volunteer work at the rabbit sanctuary in Whittaker last night.  They are learning at a young age that life is not all about them and that community service is one of the greatest lessons in life.  I know I find it personally rewarding to do for others.  Marinda and Bobby have had some hard knocks, but they are paying it forward to others. 

I am so excited that I am going out to the cabin with my mom and my cousin Trina.  I can only imagine how much laughing it going to be goin on, LOL!

"The best minute you spend is the one you invest in your family."  Ken Blanchard

Blessed are we who have family, Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment