At the beginning of the school year Max brought home possibly the best children's book I have ever read, "Have you filled a bucket today?". After reading this book I was so inspired to review my life, in addition to making my life better, I thought why not provide a tool for the boys to make reviewing and improving their behavior and consideration of others. So, Marinda and I decided to provide the boys with two galvanized buckets. One bucket is filled with marbles and the other empty. The buckets represent a bucket filler and a bucket dipper. Needless to say, the boys have had to fill their "bucket filler" bucket, which was not an easy task. Pa and I told the boys when they filled their bucket we would take them to "Chuck E Cheese". Well we are going this weekend and they can't wait. It took since September, a continued journey and good behavior will provide them additional trips to their favorite play place. I am so excited to give them this as it is rewarding positive behavior. They have had to work together as a team to get that bucket filled by making good choices. Pa and I are so proud of them.
Photos to come.
Thought for the day...
"Real wealth cannot be taken away from you. It cannot be lost. It cannot be stolen. It cannot be forgotten." Author Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment